To overflow or not to overflow....

I've really been going back and forth on removing the overflow. It shouldn't be such a hard decision, especially since it would be easy to put it back in.

I have two thoughts:

1) Remove the overflow. All equipment would be inline, including all probes and whatever mechanism I choose to control the fill cycle of the automatic water change system. The main hiccup here is that last part...figuring out a way to control the fill of the tank. Scolley chose pressure swtiches....that's a bit out of budget for me. I think in this scenario, where I remove the overflow, I may just have to end up with one piece of equipment in the tank which would be some manner of float switch.

2)Leave the overflow. Probes could be in the overflow, float switch, and I could use the dursos. This would be the cheaper option. Making inline probes isn't expensive, but certainly it would be less expensive to not have to make them. The overflow occupies the back corner, an arc with about a 9" radius. Since I so dearly want the entire 24" of tank depth to play with, this would be a problem.

I'll have to ponder this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment