An Outline

As I mentioned, I started the early stages of the planning for this tank over a year ago. Therefore, in that time, I was able to do a lot of reading. I'll be stealing shamelessly from a lot of people on different forums, but why reinvent the wheel, eh? I've done all that reading, but now was the time for decisions. This is what I'm planning on for the tank:

  • I will most likely be removing the overflow and simply using the exisiting holes as the intake and output for my filtration system. There will be one input from the overflow hole. Output will either be entirely by a substrate level spray bar similar to BryceM's, or the substrate level spray bar plus two glass lily outputs.
  • The stand is maple, custom built. I've built plenty of stands before, some that even passed as decent(see the first post here), but for this I wanted professional furniture grade. After getting the thing home, it's apparent that I could have easily done the stand because most of the trim is prefab from a woodworking store like Rockler, but the canopy was the real gem du jour. The canopy is very solid, and incorporates a nice design to minimize light from shining through the seams. That was important to me and I couldn't have duplicated it unless I blatantly ripped off the cabinet maker.
  • The filtration will be a closed loop system similar to Scolley's, but incorporating three canister filters instead of his seperate pump/filtration modules. I will also be incorporating an auto water change similar to Sergio's.
  • Lighting will be a 6x54w Tek T5HO with 3 Giessman Middays and 3 Aquafloras. 
  • CO2 pressurized with a pH controller.
  • I'll be installing a single dosing pump for dosing prime during the water changes, but I will be building the piping to allow for an additional two dosing pumps for micros and macros later on.
  • Finally, the whole thing will be controlled by a Wasser-controller. 

These projects will be completed in the very near future. 

I've taken a year to plan this out, so when I say "near future" that means, hopefully, before December 31. I'm patient and planning to build everything perfectly. I'm heavily leaning on the learning and experience of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment