45g Planted: First Love



In January 2008 I formally put together my 45g tank. This tank started out as a 30g, with blue gravel, and one slowly dying piece of L. repens. In September of 2007 I built a DIY CFL light hood and began DIY CO2. Quickly I also ditched the blue gravel and added some Soilmaster Select followed by some Flourite.

This tank was pieced together over time with great buys from craigslist. A quick run down of the equipment is:

  • Hood and stand I built. 
  • Lighting started out as 208 watts of DIY CFL, and later was "upgraded" to 2x96w PC with AH Supply reflectors. 1 10,000K bulb and 1 6700k/Colormax
  • Eheim 2128 Pro II for mech and bio, and a Magnum 350 with micron for water polishing
  • Pentair 15w UV
  • Pressurized CO2 with Milwaukee pH controller
To read more about this tank, you can check out this thread.

2 comments:

Chris Noto said...

Jeff, this was a great looking tank, and you did a really nice job with the images, too. I just wish you'd taken the hardware out for a couple of shots! Please consider the possibility for the future.

Chris Noto
Atl. Area Aq. Assoc. Mbr.

Jeffrey said...

Thanks for the complement. Now that it's gone, I wish I'd taken some better shots as well.

I never got to the point where I thought I was ready to do equipment free shots, until the day I took it down.

Post a Comment