Back to the drawing board

Suddenly I'm just not so sure on a 120g tank. I feel like it's not as big as I want. About a year ago I started thinking about a large tank, but since my wife and I were in an apartment, it was really just thoughts. However, I thought I had firmly decided on a 120g, but now I'm reconsidering.

I really have a blank slate. I have plenty of filters sitting around, plenty of equipment. I have a 6x54w T5HO TEK fixture that I was planning to use, which would be perfect for a 120, but I can always open it up and spread those lights out over a bigger tank. Or, I'm open to buying additional lighting. Point is, there are just too many options.

I opened up the decision for additional debate because I just don't want to pay new full price for a tank, so I'm cruising craigslist. A 120g, 4'x2'x2' tank is hard to come by at a good deal. I'm absolutely set on the 2'x2' part, but the length is what I'm debating on. 4', 6', or 8'. Decisions, decisions! I've found a good 8', 240g tank and now I'm trying to decide if that's just simply too big.

If I find a 180g, 6'x2'x2' I'll snap it up in a heartbeat....and change the name of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment